Students who gain the qualifications they need, either in the sixth form or at college and want to study for a degree or a similar course may apply to university.

Each University has a Disability Adviser or a Learning Support Co-ordinator who can give advice on the university’s provision for disabled students, including accommodation support.

It is recommended that young people visit potential universities before making an application. Funding can be accessed through the Disabled Students Allowance (DSA) to meet extra costs of study. For further information, visit the GOV.UK Student Finance website or speak to your Connexions Personal Adviser or Careers Adviser in school or college.