Connexions Hub Services in Tyne and Wear organises work experience placements for local schools and colleges, offering around 12,000 placements a year.
Work experience gives young people the chance to experience the world of work. Placements are usually for one week any time from the beginning of Year 10, depending upon the requirements of the school.
Employers have control over how often they offer placements to local schools. We will ask you well in advance to agree dates suitable for your business and co-ordinate the allocation of students on placement.
Benefits to you
- You can influence the quality of future employees by giving students more relevant skills and understanding of work
- You can enhance the company profile in the local community and build good relationships with schools, colleges and academies in the area
- You can raise awareness of career and training opportunities
- Work experience placements can help with staff development and motivation
Benefits to young people
- You can help them to develop skills such as communication, working with others and problem solving
- You can help to develop their employability skills
- You can help them learn directly about working life and the working environment
- Help them to gain an insight into possible future careers
If you are considering offering work experience and wish to discuss this, please call 0191 466 1511 between 8.30am-5pm Monday-Thursday, 8.30am-3.30pm Friday and ask for the Work Experience team.
Find out more about work experience by visiting the Work Experience Tyne and Wear website.