Working Tax Credit is designed to top up your earnings if you work and you’re on a low income.
You could get Working Tax Credit if:
- you’re aged 16-24 and have a child or a qualifying disability, or
- you’re aged 25 or over, with or without children
- work a certain number of hours a week
- get paid, or expect to get paid, for the work you do
- have an income below a certain level
The amount you are paid will depend on your your age, your income, and how many hours of paid work you do a week.
How to make a claim
If you’re new to tax credits you can order a claim form on-line or you can contact the Tax Credit Helpline on Telephone 0345 300 3900 (Textphone 0345 300 3909) between 8am-8pm Monday-Friday, 8am-4pm Saturday or 9am-5pm Sunday.
For more information, visit the GOV.UK website.